Finally, EAC 0.85 beta is out! I hope you like it, there were really many changes to 0.81 beta, but I think you will see for yourself.
New features that in 0.85 beta adding to the features listed in the previous news
- Certified Escient ® CDDB(TM) Compatible
- Absolute sample offset detection
- Overreading capability for extracting correctly with non-zero offsets
- Preliminary WMA (MS Audio) support
- Sorry to say that interpolation in the audio editor is still not really improved, I will do it for the next version…
There are still some more informations…
I started a new CD-ROM drive database, please help me to fill it out as good as possible. Have a look at the table and send me the information for your drives. Please make sure for the sample offset to test it with at least two different CDs and to use at least 0.85 beta!
I don’t have the time anymore to give email support for EAC or similar problems. From now I started two mailing lists at www.onelist.com. The first list is for users asking other users for help. I hope that many experienced users will help the other… The second mailing list is, like the mailing list I maintained so far, only a announcement mailing list. If you are not interested in tips and help from other users you probably want only subscribe to eac-announce. In the announcement list all news about EAC are spread.
For all persons already in my mailing list : The current database will be lost, so please subscribe again at eac-announce. I try to answer to problems in the mailing list, if no one else find a solution to a problem, but do not mail me to my email address for help. I will not answer on such mails. The only exception would be if you encountered an unknown bug and I want you to help me debugging the problem.
Thanks for your understanding!
As I still have no confirmation of CDDB that EAC complies to the license agreement, I have to move the release date by a week. On the other hand I have some more time to do some additional features for the audio editor 😉 It took some time, because there were always some terms of license not correctly implemented. The last thing I had to change was the proxy and the proxy authentification… Sorry, but complying to the license agreement I had to remove them for 0.85 beta! If there are any complaints, please mail to them directly… So, new release date will be 30.7.99.. Hope you are not disappointed too much 😉
Other new features that will be in 0.85 beta
- Nearly complete change of the audio editor, now it becomes usable 😉
- Loop record mode for always having an amount of time in memory buffers, making it possible to start recording that amount later (for records from radio, etc. )
- Automatic rename of MP3 files according to their ID3 Tag
- Catalog of audio CDs, allowing to extract a specified time from the start of each track with optional fade out
- Copy with gap prepend at the beginning of the correct track (with matching CUE sheet generation)
- Some more bugfixing and some more new features…