I already removed many bugs of version 0.6beta, but there is still the main bug in it… On some systems (until now only SCSI systems are affected) the system hangs after starting extraction. The drive LEDs are flashing like the drives doing a reset. The flashing LEDs bug is already removed, but on these systems there is another bug on it (perhaps very similar to that other bug), that will read now the first part of the track only zero samples and the rest correctly. I will go debugging it on a friends computer next week.
Because of that many bugs, I decided to bring out a new version earlier than planned. If everything works fine and I will find that bug, version 0.7beta is planned to come out end of next week. It will not have all features described above, to be honest the main features (Submission, Pop Removal and Secure Mode for Caching Drives) will miss. But I think bug fixing should be done first.
There seems some problems with EAC v0.6beta on some systems. There was one report of extracting too slow (possibly only Plextor 32TSI) and one report of not ripping of second or third drives. Only the first drive was used for extraction even if another one was selected…
If you also think you have found a bug, please test it also with older versions (like 0.5beta and 0.4beta). If both are not working, it is an old bug not found yet, otherwise it is one that is new in 0.6beta (What is interesting for me to know…)
Release Date of version 0.6beta
I hope this is a pretty stable version and that the main feature, the CDDB support will work properly.
The new version includes
- Remote CDDB database support
- Listen to suspicious positions
- Glitch removal
- Fix of speed detection and selection
- Browse and edit of the local database
- Spindown on errors and fallback afterwards
- Some bug fixes, some new bugs
- Update of almost all my webpages, but still no real private homepage… It will be done as soon I find time next week… 😉
- Moved old versions to a subdirectory, because some web pages still points to these old versions like 0.1beta or 0.2beta…
Development will slow down a little bit, because at the moment there is lot of other work to do at the university (that start again next week), preperations for examinations and seminars, furthermore I still have to work besides to earn some money.
But really bad is that yesterday my nice Plextor TSI 12/20 cdrom drive killed itself somehow. The drive will not accept any CDs anymore and sometimes the red LED flashes five times, over and over again. This will delay development at least some weeks, I hope I find my guarantee billet, I don’t want to buy a new drive…