Now here it is, the new official 0.8beta. 😉
It was really a long time without any updates, but I think it was worth the time. Even if it has no really big new features, but many improvements and bugfixes on nearly all functions.
The new version includes
- New fast secure read modes for accurate readers and also for drives that caches
- Complete improvement of read modes and Test read function, allowing to calculate CRC checksums without using disk space
- BladeEnc DLL support
- Remove leading and trailing silence
- Fill missing offset samples with silence
- Automatic detection of drive features
- Selection of extensions for headerless WAV files
- Test detected gaps on silence
- Save extraction log
- Selection of error recovery quality for faster extraction on bad CDs
- WAV editor with already some functions for editing, more to come…
- Many bugfixes, too many to mention
There are still many bugs, but I hope to remove them sooner or later. If EAC makes problems on your computer, please read the What’s New page.
I will do nothing on EAC the next week, but then work for 0.9beta will begin. Many people told me a lot of ideas of improvement. Because there were too much mail the last month, I would ask to tell me the not yet implemented ideas again, if not stated in the ‘Planned for next release’. But also experiences are appreciated!